Valet trash service is a door-to-door trash and recycling service for multi-family properties including apartment communities, condominiums, student housing and senior living communities. Valet trash service offers a no-risk revenue source that increases the net operating income of the community. Apartment valet trash service provides the community with the #1 voted amenity that 100% of residents will enjoy from day one. It’s a turnkey operation that keeps the property clean and beautiful and is easy to implement into the largest portfolios and also smaller privately owned/managed communities.
How Does Valet Trash Service Work?
Door-to-Door valet trash service is convenient and easy to implement. The service provides doorstep waste and recycling collection five nights a week. Residents put their tied trash bags in the provided trash container and set it outside their doors between 6pm and 8pm. Valets collect the bags and take them to the dumpster starting at 8pm. The empty trash containers are brought back into their unit by 9am the next morning. Simple and pain-free.
What is the Step-by-Step Process for Trash Collection
- Professional, clean-cut uniformed service valets will pick up the trash from outside each residents’ door.
- Trash bags are collected in a shoulder harnessed, anti-drip collection container
- Trash bags are then taken to the on-site dumpster/compactor and thrown away
- Areas around the dumpsters are swept clean of loose trash
How Does the Recycling Process Work with Valet Trash Service?
- Residents place their recycling in tied “blue bags” and are put outside their door alongside their other trash so you know what is recycling.
- Recycling bags are taken to the on-site recycling bins
- If the community does not have recycling bins, recycling is taken off-property to a recycling center
What are the Benefits of Valet Trash Service?
Doorstep collection is an amenity that every resident uses numerous times a week. The benefits include:
- Doorstep pick-up is a service all residents take advantage of, unlike a weight room or pool at their community
- Doorstep collection helps grow resident retention and new leases by offering the property a unique market advantage compared to competing communities that do not offer a door-to-door trash valet service
- No trash is left out in the community during leasing hours
- Trash is collected shortly after it is set outside – no odors, trash leakage, or stains on walkways and breezeways
- Dumpsters and compactor areas are cleaned nightly by fully insured and uniformed trash valets
- Crime deterrent while service valets are on the property up to 28 times per month at hours when the management and maintenance staffs have gone home for the evening
What are the Benefits for the Apartment Community?
When an apartment community partners with a valet trash service, there are immediate bottom-line results. Trash valet is a service that adds value to the asset and the benefits are numerous for the apartment community.
- Risk-free monthly ancillary revenue
- Increased NOI (net operating income)
- Can easily be added to current monthly rental fees
- Improves curb appeal during leasing hours by keeping the property clean, sanitary and organized
- Increased tenant retention
- It will differentiate the property from competitors
- Provides leasing agents with a unique selling tool
- Crime deterrent – the visibility of the uniformed trash service valets reflective uniform helps deter crime when staff is not on site
What are the Benefits for the Residents?
- It’s an extremely convenient and appreciated amenity
- Set it and forget it – eliminates having to carry trash bags down flights of stairs
- Put an end to having residents drive to a centralized dumpster – no more messy trash on the roof of their car or truck
- Stay out of storms – removes the need to carry trash bags during inclement weather
How can a Community Benefits from Valet Trash Recycling Services?
Going “Green” is an option that most communities and tenants have moved towards to help our planet by reducing the trash we send off to the landfill. This action will reduce apartment complexes footprint while assisting in job creation and economic development.
Overall, valet trash service is one of the best options for apartment communities to integrate with their residents. Residents love to use this amenity too since no one really likes to take down the trash from their own apartment.